- Letter to AG Barr from Jerrold Nadler, House Judiciary Committee Chariman, & Karn Bass, Chair, Subcomittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security (3/30/20)
Urges BOP, in light of first death of a prisoner due to COVID-19 in BOP custody on March 28, 2020, at FCC Oakdale in Louisiana, to take immediate action to "release medically-compromized, elderly, and pregnant prisonsers in the custody of the BOP" under BOP's compassionate release authority, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 3582(c)(1)(A), and newly enacted home confirmenent release authority under the CARES Act.
- Post Sent Release Order Contested (D-DC) (03/26/20)
- US v Garlock, No. 18-cr-00418-VC-1, 2020 WL 1439980 (N.D. Cal. Mar. 25, 2020)
(deferring self-surrender date sua sponte: "To avoid adding to the chaos and creating unnecessary health risks, offenders who are on release and scheduled to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons in the coming months should, absent truly extraordinary circumstances, have their surrender dates extended until this public health crisis has passed.")
- NACDL Coroavirus Resources (last visited 3/20/20).
Includes motions and orders to reduce sentence based on COVID-19
- Motion to Continue Self-Surrender Date (N. CA) (3/18/20)
- Order Sentence Reduction COVID19 (D-MA) (03/17/20)
- Order for Telephonic Sentencing, explaining legal basis by Judge Vince Chharbria (N. CA.) (3/15/20)
- Law in the Time of Corona: Federal Defense Edition
By Federal Public Defender, District of Oregon