Each district has a CJA Panel Attorney District Representative (pdf), selected from among the members of the CJA panel, with the approval of the chief judge.
CJA Panel Attorney District Representatives
- lead their district CJA panel
- attend the annual National Conference of CJA Panel Attorney District Representatives
- serve as liaison between the CJA panel and the federal defender organization, the court and the AO’s Office of Defender Services
- comment on proposed legislation relating to the CJA
- work toward improving the quality of representation as well as the conditions under which panel attorneys provide representation