Sentencing Commission Publishes Proposed Guideline Amendments
: On January 9, 2015 the Sentencing Commission voted to publish proposed amendments
to the guidelines and issues for comment. The Commission will hold a hearing in March and will vote on the final amendments in April.
Proposed amendments and issues for comment include:
- single sentence rule for career offenders (in cases where one offense is a qualifying offense and one is not)
- mitigating role under 3B1.2
- inflationary adjustment to loss tables
- sophisticated means under 2B1.1
- victim table in 2B1.1
- iintended loss under 2B.1
- fraud on the market
- jointly undertaken activity under 1B1.3
- hydrocodone under 2D1.1
- flavored drugs
Defender Recommendations to Sentencing Commission: The Federal Defender community frequently submits written comments to the USSC on a variety of matters, including proposed amendments to the guidelines. These submissions, which may provide ideas for challenging guideline sentences, can be accessed on our Defender Recommendations to Sentencing Commission page.